Your nonprofit program must impact one or more of the communities served by Aultman Health Foundation including Stark, Wayne, Holmes, Carroll or Tuscarawas counties.
The Aultman Foundation will consider grants focusing on wellness, health education or human services. Special consideration will be given to proposed projects which provide services to the underserved, especially the elderly and children, and/or helps to solve a community health need from the Community Health Needs Assessment. Currently the community health needs are mental health, obesity, infant mortality, opioid and drug abuse and access to care.
In addition to the above:
- Your nonprofit must be a 501(c)3;
- If your nonprofit previously received a grant from The Aultman Foundation, you must wait two years from your last grant application before submitting another grant application (for example, receiving a grant from The Aultman Foundation in 2021 means you are eligible to apply again in 2023);
- If your nonprofit previously received a grant from The Aultman Foundation, you must have successfully submitted a progress report and a final report demonstrating your grant was fully spent;
- The Aultman Foundation does not fund individuals, capital needs or campaigns, annual campaigns, multi-year projects, endowments or government entities including public school systems;
- Only one request will be accepted per organization per eligible grant cycle; multiple applications from the same organization will not be considered.
The average grant awarded is $5,000.
If your agency is qualified to proceed, please click here to learn about the grant process.
Please keep in mind that the grant review process lasts approximately four months. The Aultman Foundation Board of Directors meets at the end of May and must approve all grants before any funds can be distributed. If the board has questions, the process may take longer. When planning your timeline, consider that your project cannot begin before July. The grant period is July 1 - June 30.
If you have any questions, please contact
Grant Giving Coordinator
To learn more about the Foundation’s guidelines and criteria, watch our recorded Grant Orientation Webinar from November 2021.